The term “CCLF” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website, Curl Curl Lagoon Friends Inc, whose registered office is at PO Box 380, Freshwater, NSW 2096 Australia. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website (“the site”).
These terms and conditions may be modified at any time and such modification shall be effective immediately upon web posting of the modified terms and conditions. Your continued use of the Curl Curl Lagoon Friends Website shall be deemed to be your conclusive acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
The use of this site is subject to the following terms and conditions of use:
Acceptable Use Policy
Changes to the Site and services provided
- The content of the pages of this site is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice;
- CCLF will make every effort to ensure that the site and services are constantly operational;
- CCLF reserves the right to modify, discontinue or suspend all or part of the site or its services at any time without notice.
- You must not use the site in any way that causes, or is likely to cause, the site or access to it to be interrupted, damaged or impaired in any way;
- You must ensure that any content you upload onto the site (including photographs) is not obscene, offensive, defamatory or racist and does not breach any law or regulation or any intellectual property rights of a third party or any right or duty owed to a third party. This means that if any of the content you upload is copyright protected, you must obtain the copyright owner’s written permission in order to use it;
- In the event that you become aware of any content which breaches any of the above rules, please notify us immediately by emailing email@example.com;
- You must not use the site to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or organisation;
- You must not use the site to send junk or spam email;
- You must not use the site to conduct, display or forward details of any survey, contest, pyramid scheme or chain letter;
- CCLF reserves the right to remove any content from any page without notice at its sole discretion;
- You must not to attempt to modify, adapt, translate, sell, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the site or any other web site;
- You must not to attempt to bypass the network firewall;
- You must not to use any part of the site which you are not authorised to use or devise ways to circumvent security in order to access part of the site which you are not authorised to access. This includes but is not limited to scanning networks with the intent to breach and/or evaluate security, whether or not the intrusion results in access;
- You must not to use or attempt to use the site for any unlawful, criminal or negligent purpose. This includes but is not limited to password cracking, social engineering (defrauding others into releasing their passwords), denial-of-service attacks, harmful and malicious destruction of data, injection of computer viruses and intentional invasion of privacy.
Fundraising Site Policy
Use of Curl Curl Lagoon Friends Fundraising Services by Users under 16
It is a condition of use of the site that any person under the age of 16 using our fundraising services be appropriately supervised by an adult. The supervision requirements are as follows:
- Children under the age of 16 using CCLF’s fundraising services must do so under the supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 12 using CCLF’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of an adult;
- Children under the age of 6 using CCLF’s fundraising services must do so under the direct supervision of a parent or guardian.
If you have any concerns whatsoever about a child’s use of our services, please notify us immediately by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parental Permission for Users under 16
It is a condition of use of our website that any person under the age of 16 obtain the permission of a parent or guardian before using our fundraising services.
- Copyright in the text, images, software, logos, icons, sound recordings and HTML code, content and other copyright material in this website is owned or licensed by CCLF for use on this website;
- The site contains material which is owned by or licensed to us, and is protected by intellectual property law. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics of the site. Reproduction of this material is prohibited other than for your own personal, non-commercial use, provided that the material is not altered in any way and no trademark, copyright mark or other proprietary notice is removed from the material in question;
- No other use of material on the site is permitted other than with the express written permission of the copyright holder;
- Unauthorised use of the site may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
CCLF is committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences;
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system;
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us;
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Unauthorised Card Use
You agree not to use an invalid or unauthorised credit card. Once a donation is made, the transaction is final and not subject to dispute unless unauthorised use of your payment card is proved. If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card issuer in accordance with its reporting rules.
Disclaimer and No Liability
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law;
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this site meet your specific requirements;
- In no circumstances will we be liable for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, arising out of your use of the site and the services provided there or your inability to use them;
- CCLF shall not be liable to you or any third parties in contract or in tort arising out of, or in connection with, or relating to, the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event which has been published on the website or any fact, matter or thing relating to the holding or staging of a fundraising appeal or event (whether negligent or in breach of contract or not).
Breach of Terms and Conditions of use
In the event of your failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions of use, we reserve the right to immediately suspend your access to any and/all parts of the site and the services provided there without notice and without reference to you.
- Validity and Satisfaction of Terms;
- CCLF accepts no liability for any failure to comply with these terms and conditions where such failure is due to circumstances beyond the CCLF’s reasonable control;
- If any of these terms and conditions are held to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal for any reason, the remaining terms and conditions shall nevertheless continue in full force.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of New South Wales, Australia;
- Any complaint made about CCLF must be referred in the first instance to CCLF. Such a complaint should be specific and in writing. Upon receipt of a complaint, CCLF will use its best endeavours to respond to the complaint and resolve any matters arising from it within 14 days. If, following a response from CCLF, the complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction, it may be referred for consideration by the appropriate state regulatory body.